USPIE BACK TO SCHOOL PARENT SURVIVAL GUIDE PART 2
NETWORK WITH OTHERS
- Attend your local school Parent-Teacher meetings (PTO or PTA). Learn how they differ. Consider running for an office.
- Attend your local school board meetings. Get to know at least one school board member.
- Develop a rapport with your district officials and make public comment to an issue. Make it a point to get to know your principal and support your teacher while making them better informed with proven facts and valid opinions. Be sure to explain how US Dept of Education is affecting local control. Email them your testing Opt Out letter. (We recommend taking multiple copies, one for the office, counselor, principal and all their teachers. The parents should have a copy for themselves which the receptionist should sign and date as having received, including a reference to the copies.)
- Run for your local school board and/or volunteer on someone’s campaign.
- Write a letter to the editor and/or go on a local radio program to talk about Education issues of today.
- Hold informal coffee chats with other parents to answer questions and concerns about the effects of Refusing tests/Opting Out.
- Regardless of which party you prefer, consider becoming more involved in your local political party. This is also a great networking opportunity to inform other about Education matters. Anyone may attend county party central committee meetings, as a guest.
- Develop a presence and rapport with elected officials and candidates. Volunteer on a campaign- it’s an education like no other. If you are not sure where to start, please ask us and we can refer you to some good campaigns.
- If all else fails, then it may be time to use other options including private school or homeschooling, but it still pays to get involved!
USPIE LEADERSHIP TEAM REPORT
USPIE Open Letter to President Trump
- threatening states abiding by state parental rights laws through the ESSA plan approval process,
- recommending the merger of the Departments of Education and Labor fundamentally shifting the purpose of education to “workforce development”,
- and now, endorsing the G20’s Declaration enshrining the UN’s education agenda, which undermines not only parents and states, but the fundamental sovereignty of the United States.”
FROM THE RESEARCH DESK
If the Department of Education is closed, how will that help small businesses?
WILL YOU HELP?
If you are willing to support our mission, any contribution goes directly to our Stop Fed Ed campaign. There’s no better group than USPIE to lead this fight. USPIE is the ONLY national, parent-led education policy group with the mission of ending the US Dept. of Ed and ALL federal education mandates. The leaders in our organization truly understand the problems with the progressive agenda being pushed in American public schools because they’ve all been in the fight for decades. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Will you make a small $5 donation today?